Desktop Services Group was incorporated in 1996 to provide training and IT consulting services for the small business community in New York and NJ.
With a background supporting the consumer and business banking groups at NatWest Bank and Fleet Bank, the founder, Bob Newman, decided to leverage that knowledge and start a consulting and training services business. Acquiring his Certified Novell Instructor certificate (CNI) at Novell’s training center in Herndon. VA., and receiving his Microsoft MCT shortly thereafter, DTSG began training and supporting Microsoft Windows and Novell Netware -based local-area networks. Desktop supported small business clients during the day, while teaching Microsoft Official Curriculum courses at Berkeley College at night.
Through various partnerships and hard work, DTSG built a business providing hardware installation and support and assistance to clients, installing some of the largest NextGen EMR and EHR installations in NJ. By making an emphasis on listening to client’s needs, and helping clients understand their options clearly, DTSG continued to provide value to its customers. While it sometimes meant finding a new solution to an old problem, Bob felt that “Finding individual solutions for a client establishes a level of trust and respect that provides a solid foundation on which we and the customer grow together.”
Today, DTSG provides IT-related services to clients from the lower NY counties through the Mid-Jersey region.
HOW WE ARE DIFFERENT
- Response – we respond quickly and get stuff done quickly, so the loss of productivity to the client is MINIMIZED.
- We always remember that this is a PEOPLE business. In this day and age of voice mail and auto attendants, we strive to make sure you always get a human being on the phone.
- Satisfaction – We are committed to making sure customers are satisfied. If you’re not happy, We’re not happy
- We Do things right – there’s always a shortcut, but it comes at a price. We always advise clients on the RIGHT way to do something, whether it’s because of security, compliance, future options, or just common sense.
- An environment of trust. We work towards the goal of gaining, and ultimately maintaining your TRUST.
- We will always get to the bottom of an issue, we don’t make quick fixes unless we get your approval. Even then we’ll advise you against it.
- We are always looking for improvements on our products and services.
- Protection and security. We insist that all of our clients have TWO functioning backups, and Multi-layered threat protection, so you can sleep at night.
- Accessibility – My phone (Bob Newman) is always open to calls from customers, no matter what time of day or night.